19 June 2014

J - Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Obsessed, Streak, Wallflower, Crush & RedLight


I'm so excite to share with you guys about this little magic. Here's the thing. I'm not a lip gloss person at all. I tried to avoid any product that is glossy, especially when it comes to lip products. The story is about a month ago, my lips were dry and I couldn't find the Vaseline bottle; I saw the Urban Decay sample gloss that comes with Naked2 Palette and put it on my lips. Of course, the color didn't flatten my lips much since my lips are pigmented. Then my Mr. came upstairs to look for his stuff and he kept looking at me. I was like "what's going on duhh" lol. He asked me if I put anything on my lips; he liked it and it looked kissable.


So I did a little research over the products and was thrilled to find out that UD carries a lot of colors. Moreover, this lip junkie got a lot of good reviews and high rate of recommendation. After days and hours, I decided to pick:
-Obessed
-Streak
-Wallflower
-Crush
-RedLight

Those colors I picked are not shimmer or glittery (I personally don't like sparkle or shimmer lips). Here are the swatches:


You can tell how glossy the product is!

I'm going to show the details.  
{Natural light and inside
BARE lips
Minimal product amount}

Urban Decay Lip Junkie in  Obsessed

Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Streak

Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Wallflower

Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Crush

Urban Decay Lip Junkie in RedLight
Overall:
Among 5 colors that I picked, my favorite one is Obsessed, Crush and RedLight. Streak is somewhat transparent. I returned Wallflower because it makes my lips look very pale and dark; as I know, Wallflower is one of their best selling shades but no no for me.   

My tip is apply some lip stain 1st, for example Benefit Liptint (review here), let it dry then apply this lip gloss, you will be amazed when it turns out.

Price: $19+ tax
Available at: 

Sephora, Macys (almost 1300 reviews at Macys!), Beauty.com, Urban Decay website and other cosmetic stores
Pros:  
-very moisturizing (I no longer use Vaseline)
-does NOT feel sticky or heavy at all (this is A+++)
-long lasting (about 2 hours)
-light fresh minty smell and sweet taste (I know it's not for licking lol)
-cap design is unique and chic
-color is pretty and true to what described 
-no leaking out like other lip-gloss products
-vegan products (no test on animals)


Cons:
-price is not very affordable; however the quality is excellent.

Do I recommend it?: Yes Yes Yes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment